The discomfort caused by plantar fasciitis can be a problem and cause difficulty in wearing shoes walking, standing or running, not to mention doing everyday tasks. The more you understand about plantar fasciitis the easier it will be to identify the symptom and visit a podiatrist in Perth such as Dr. Brent Radford for immediate treatment.
What is Plantar Faciitis?
A swollen band of soft tissue runs all the way down your feet, from the toes all the way to the heel, which is known as the plantar fascia. When the tissue is inflamed, it can cause plantar fasciitis.
What is the Indications of Plantar Fasciitis?
The most prominent characteristic of plantar faciitis is heel discomfort most notably during the morning, the moment you put toes on floor. Other signs are pain and swelling that hinders you from moving or getting around your job and leisure activities.
Naturally, these signs are a sign of other ankle and foot ailments. The foot physician is medical professional and the most qualified professional to identify the root of your discomfort.
Are I at Risk of Developing Plantar Fasciitis?
Everyone can suffer from plantar fasciitis. Numerous factors increase the risk. They include:
- Genre – Women have a higher risk to suffer from plantar fasciitis than males.
- Age The age of the patient Plantar fasciitis is the most frequent between 40 and 70.
- Obesity or weight gain
- Flat feet or high arches
- Atypically tight Achilles tendon
- Training that puts stress on the feet, like running or ballet
- An abnormal gait or posture, such as pronation and an inward turn of the ankles
Is Treatment Available for Plantar Fasciitis?
Yes! Your podiatrist is a pro in treating patients with plantar fasciitis treatment in Perth. While the surgery for ankles and feet might be the most suitable method of treatment, non-invasive options are often the first option. This includes:
- prescription and over-the counter medicines
- at-home at-home RICE (rest in the home, compression, ice) treatment for swelling and pain
- Stretches and exercises that you can do in bed before getting up early in the morning
- customized orthotics to give extra support when wearing shoes
- special footwear
- Physical therapy
Are you concerned about plantar fasciitis or have a different concern regarding the health and well-being of your ankles, feet or legs? Contact the Foot Focus Podiatry in Perth to make an appointment. consultation for an appointment with Middlesex County podiatrists Jason Grossman, DPM, and Paul A. Osemene, DPM at our comfortable, modern office located in Old Bridge and Sayreville today.