Liposuction is one of the most popular cosmetic procedure in both men and women. It is nowadays known by many different terms like Liposculpture, Lipo or Lipoplasty. It is a surgical procedure which evacuates excess fat deposits from the body that have not been responding to diet and exercise. This procedure helps in improving body contours and proportions and can safely be performed on most of the body areas including face, neck, arms, abdomen, back, thigh, chest and thighs.
When a person gains weight, the size and volume of fat cells increases and these large fat cells are sucked out by liposuction thereby decreasing the number of fat cells in that particular area. The changes after liposuction are generally permanent as long as your weight remains stable.
For best results of liposuction surgery an individual must be healthy with good skin elasticity so that the skin contracts and re-drapes after surgery to provide better contour.
People having excess skin following massive weight loss, old age and after multiple pregnancies, will need to undergo excision procedures rather than liposuction to get satisfactory contour.
Candidates for Liposuction
- Healthy individual
- Localized fat pockets that don’t go away with diet or exercise
- Not having lot of excess hanging skin
- Have good muscle tone
- Do not smoke
- Good skin elasticity
Before the surgery, the areas to be sucked are marked out carefully in erect position. Once patient is under anesthesia the procedure involves the removal of fat through small incisions approx. 0.5 -1 cm which are given in the hidden areas of body through which the hollow tubes (cannulas) are inserted and fat is removed with the help of vacuum and suction.
Types of liposuction techniques
- Suction assisted liposuction (SAL) : Most common type where tumescent solution is infiltrated into affected area which contains an anesthetic agent and medicine to decrease bleeding. Fat is sucked out with the help of long hollow cannulas attached to suction apparatus with appropriate negative pressure.
- Power Assisted Liposuction (PAL) : Here the cannula moves rapidly in back and forth position and the vibrations generated by rapid motion helps in breaking the fat cells which are then sucked out. PAL is more useful in more fibrous areas.
- Ultrasonic assisted Liposuction/Vaser/ High definition Liposuction : Here ultrasound energy is used to emulsify the fat first which is then sucked out using the suction cannulas. Vaser has nowadays gained popularity as it helps in achieving the precise definition of body contours and also causes less trauma to tissues.
Liposuction is usually performed under general or regional anesthesia. For small areas it can be done under IV sedation or local tumescent anesthesia.
Duration of surgery depends upon the extent of area to be treated and is usually between 1 to 4 hrs.
Immediate Post Operative
In the immediate post Operative period one may experience some pain and bruising. Pain killers will be prescribed by your treating surgeon but the bruising may take upto 4 week to get settled.
One need to wear compression garment over the operated area for some weeks which will help in controlling swelling and skin draping and also to prevent fluid collection underneath skin.
Early mobilization is encouraged after the surgery and patient are usually mobilized on the same day of surgery.
Post Operative complications
- Contour irregularities : This can occur in some area if there is uneven removal of fat or if there is poor skin elasticity leading to bumpy or wavy appearance.
- Fluid accumulation : Collection of fluid (seroma) under the skin can happen which is usually temporary & which usually resolves on its own in some days. It may sometime require needle aspiration. Wearing compression garments can also help in preventing fluid collection.
- Skin discoloration/ Bruising : This is common and can take about 4–6 weeks to settle completely.
- Decreased sensation/Numbness : Affected area may have decreased sensation or numbness after the surgery but it is usually temporary and settles down in weeks to month time.
- Infection : Skin infections are rare after liposuction surgery but can occur which may sometime require surgical intervention for wound management.
Results depend on the quality of skin elasticity and the amount of fat that is suctioned out and the expectations of the patients. For final results it takes anywhere between 3–6 months.
Schedule Your Liposuction Surgery in Delhi With Dr. Sachin Rajpal.
Contact Dr. Sachin Rajpal, a cosmetic and plastic surgeon from Delhi, to plan a private consultation for liposuction surgery. Dr. Sachin Rajpal is one of the most skilled and experienced cosmetic and plastic surgeon in Delhi who can provide you with outstanding results from liposuction surgery in Delhi. To arrange a one-on-one consultation or to obtain more information about Liposuction Surgery in Delhi, contact the practice of Dr. Sachin Rajpal by calling +91–9810302821 today.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Sachin Rajpal, please contact:
Name: Dr. Rajpal’s Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery
Address: Sector 18, Sector 18A Dwarka, Dwarka, Delhi, 110075
Address: I-102, Second Floor, Block I, Kirti Nagar, Delhi, 110015
Phone: +91–9625 770 177, +91–9810 302 821
You can also search for these treatments:
Gynecomastia Surgery In Delhi, Male Gynecomastia Surgery In Delhi, Hair Transplant Surgery In Delhi, Liposuction Surgery In Delhi, Abdominoplasty In Delhi, Breast Augmentation In Delhi, Breast Reduction In Delhi, Scar Removal Treatment In Delhi, Botox & Fillers Treatment In Delhi, Plastic Surgeon In Delhi, Cosmetic Surgeon In Delhi, Hair Transplant Cost In Delhi, Rhinoplasty Surgery In Delhi